Last year my mother and I skipped a whole day of work to head to Lake Michigan and body surf on 6 foot waves for the day! Talk about FUN. Any 'real' Michigander knows that the best time to swim the Great Lakes is right after a huge storm blows through. Red flag = hours of surfing fun.
Today you get to peek into my beach bag to catch a glimpse of the few 'essentials' I cannot live without while soaking up the sun.
What's in the bag?
- Towel. Pretty self explanatory.
- A beauty or fashion magazine. I love to keep up on the latest trends. Oh yeah, that's kind of my job. ;)
- Floppy Hat. Love, love, love, my new beach floppy! Found at Walgreens for only $5.99. That's a good deal! Floppy hats also keep your hair from drying out.
- A strong SPF sunblock. No skin cancer here.
- My Amazon Kindle! I seriously love this thing. Ben got it for me for Christmas and it has revolutionized my reading life. The best part? You really can read them in 'bright' sunlight! Bonus.
- Sunglasses. I scored these at the Great Lakes Crossing Mall last year and miraculously I have not smashed, crushed, lost, dropped, or sat on them yet. Haha.... For me, this is a huge achievement.
- Swim suit! I just love mixing and matching bikini tops. I got this cheap little thing at Walmart for $6.00 and it works great. Not to mention it's way cute.
- Apple (or other fruits). Stock the cooler with healthy stuff. Watermelon is cool and refreshing when you're steaming hot. I packed watermelon on our last trip and we ate the whole thing! Mmmm....
- Cover up. This cute beach wrap is a little piece of our honeymoon. Ben bought it for me in Punta Cana.
- Headband. Short or long hair, it doesn't matter. I require a headband while at the beach.
- Juice Beauty's SPF tinted mineral moisturizer and hydrating mist. Two things that I use not only at the beach, but 'everyday'! The hydrating mist is a wonderfully refreshing spray to give you a nice 'pick-me-up' throughout the day.
I hope everyone is having a beautiful day! I have tons to do so I need to wrap things up. Just a reminder that tomorrow is the LAST day to enter the June Birchbox Giveaway! If you haven't registered yet click here to do so.
Here is a peek into my productive morning::
Yes, I set it up all by myself! :) Just letting it air out before our upcoming vacation. SUPER excited about that.