Today we're going to cover a fun little topic as suggested by 'you'!
Camping is one of my favorite things on earth but it always helps to come fully prepared with essential beauty supplies and organizers to make camping easier. You'll have enough to deal with just setting up the tent!
My motto when camping is always 'minimalism is better' however, this doesn't mean we should neglect our normal skin care routine.
Today we'll go over four beauty tips for campers. I hope that you will find these tips helpful as they have simplified my camping beauty routine.
4 Beauty Tips for Campers
- Keep it simple:
- Pre-moistened cleansing wipes are one of the single most essential items you can take on your next camping trip. They serve two purposes! Not only do they remove makeup and other impurities from the face, but you can rinse them out and use them again for something else. I didn't even bother bringing a wash cloth with me because these were so efficient.
- Greasy hair? No problem. Dry shampoo to the rescue! My absolute favorite powder shampoo is Lulu Organics Lavender + Clary Sage. Rub a teaspoon or so between your palms and apply to the scalp. Work through hair until you've reached the ends of the hair. Vavoom! Healthy, fresh looking hair. Don't wash your hair more than you need to. It's a waste of time and it dries out your scalp.
- Minimal makeup. Remember, you're camping- not taking a girls trip to Chicago! Wink, wink... The only two products I wear when camping are mascara and tinted spf moisturizer. That's it.
- Pack light. When packing for the trip try to keep all of your beauty items in small, travel sized containers. This will make life easier when you're hauling all of your stuff to the showers/bathrooms. If you're going super primitive and won't have access to showers or bathrooms then, well- you're on your own! haha...
- Try to keep every beauty supply in one place. I know for some this may be challenging but see what you can do. You'll be thankful you did. You may want to try one of these hanging organizers, they work great:
- I used this black organizer box that came with a makeup set I received years ago. It worked great and got the job done.
3. Keep it refreshing:
- Drink loads of water! This is especially crucial if you are going on an active trip where you'll be moving and working your body. The last trip Ben and I took involved lots of biking, hiking, climbing, and walking so we made sure we always had a water bottle on us.
- You may want to invest in a Brita water filter. We have one and we love it! You can fill up the container at any water source and within minutes have clean, fresh water. This will also save you money because you won't need to buy large jugs of water or disposable bottles of water.
- Hydrating mist! What a friend I've found in my Juice Beauty hydrating mist. :) When you get warm or just need to be refreshed- spray it all over your face and neck. *And just a little side note: you can apply this hydrating mist over makeup. In fact, I use it to set my makeup daily. It helps to hold everything in place all day long.
- Leave your hair dryers, straighteners, and curling irons at home! When camping you never know what kind of access you're going to have to a power source let alone a mirror. Try a new style that requires no heat, it's better for your hair anyway. If you have naturally curly hair like me, try applying gel or mouse to wet hair and let it air dry. I wear my hair up in a pony tail or a head band quite frequently when camping.
- Another great 'no heat' option is a sock bun. If you have no idea what I'm talking about then I would encourage you to Google- 'Sock Bun' to find out. I will be doing a tutorial on this soon using my mom as a model because she has longer hair than me right now.
|I came across this picture today and I knew it would make your day as it did mine. |
This is Bear when he was just a wee lad of a puppy!
If you're new to The Bee's Knees make sure you take a minute to get plugged in to the fun here. There are several options ranging from Facebook, to Pinterest, to Bloglovin, and beyond. You can even sign up to have The Bee's Knees sent directly to your inbox- exciting stuff!
Ps- another lovely little giveaway is in the works! Stay tuned.
Thank you for reading! Have an excellent day and I'll see you back here on Friday.