Welcome back to The Bee's Knee for the third and final installment of 'Skin'Credible Week! So far we've discussed masks, toners, scrubs, and even facial buffers. Today we're bringing it all together with some ideas on forming good habits. Then we'll even take a personal look at my own weekly skincare routine. Sound good?
Over the years I've received comments and inquiries about how I manage to keep nice, clear skin. While I don't claim to have all the answers and solutions I can tell you one thing- I have always viewed skincare as a high priority and thus, taken excellent care of my face throughout the years.
Here's the good news- if you can manage to cleanse and tend to your face every day, you don't even need to spend a fortune on expensive face products. That may come as a surprise, but it's true! Many of the treatments we discussed in Part 1 and Part 2 of 'Skin'Credible Week are enough to keep your skin healthy and on the right track. Try them!- you'll see what I mean.
Here are 10 healthy skin habits and principles to begin incorporating into your daily routine:
- Regularly cleanse face in the morning AND before bed in the evening.
- You only need to wipe your face down with a warm washcloth in the mornings. The important thing is to prepare your face for the day ahead. We sweat at night (whether we know it or not) so it's important to start our day with a clean canvas.
- Warm water can draw out the natural oils in our skin. It's important to replenish as much as possible- especially in the winter months when Mother Nature is less than gracious.
- Especially after gulping down caffeinated beverages. Even one cup of coffee can dehydrate you. It can take 6 glasses of water to make up for one cup of coffee! Crazy.
- While your pores are still open.
- Or make sure the store you purchase them from has a good return policy. Sephora and Ulta will let you take samples home (of almost anything!). Make sure you do your research. There's nothing worse than spending money on a product that doesn't work and/or one you can't return.
|My go-to tinted moisturizer 'with' SPF by Juice Beauty!|
If you're feeling overwhelmed by the list above, relax. Just try incorporating a few of these principles at a time. Your skin will most certainly thank you for it!
Mel's Skincare Routine
A.m. face cleanse, moisturizer, and eye cream.
P.m. face cleanse (Clarisonic face buffer), toner, moisturizer, and eye cream.
|Right now I am loving this tourmaline charged hydrating moisturizer |
by Aveda. I tend to have dry skin so this creme is perfect for me.
Face mask - I like to use my DIY mask recipe.
Peel- I am in love with Juice Beauty's Green Apple Peel. It 'tightens, brightens, and lightens'!
Microdermabrasion/Scrub- Exfoliation is key to clear skin. Microderm/facial scrubs help draw out the impurities in our pores.
Like I mentioned earlier, you don't have to spend a fortune to experience clear skin. Consistency is the best thing you do for yourself so start there!
And one last thing I want to mention- I am by no means a dermatologist or skincare specialist. I realize that there are many of you who may be dealing with acne or other sensitive skin issues. I tend to have normal/balanced skin for the most part so I can only speak about what I know works for me.
However, I can tell you that our diets play a HUGE part in how our skin behaves. Greasy foods, sweets, and processed foods can make our face break out in a hurry! Let's make a resolution to take better care of our 'whole' bodies this year. I'm with you! ;)
Have a great day friends. I know this was a long post but I hope you've found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading. I count on your support! Love you all..
Ps- next week we dive into our Get Healthy series!! Who's excited?