Raspberry season is in full swing and today I'm sharing a 'delicious' recipe I found for raspberry oat bars! (click 'here' for original recipe) My parents have a few raspberry bushes that are literally dripping with red berries this year. So, I gathered as many as I could and whipped up these bars later that evening. Totally delicious. They go perfectly with our morning coffee and I'm sure you'll love them too. Now I just have to keep myself from eating them all!!
Raspberry Oat Bars
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 (10 ounce) jar of raspberry preserves **I did NOT use raspberry preserves. I smashed about 2 cups of fresh raspberries and mixed them with about 1/4 cup of sugar until it formed a smooth consistency- and the sugar was dissolved. WAY better than preserves (in my opinion).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and light brown sugar until smooth. Combine the oats, flour, salt, and baking powder; stir into the creamed mixture. Press half of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Spread the preserves (raspberry mixture) over the crust. Crumble the remaining crust mixture over the raspberry layer. *And pat it down slightly into the raspberries.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. It's best to wait until the bars are totally cooled if you want to cut them into perfect squares.