It's Friday!- and I've got your dinner plans right here.
This peanut noodle recipe is a 'staple' in our home. We eat it quite frequently as it's totally delicious and simple! I've made this for parties, as a take-home meal for friends, and just for an evening in with the fam. This recipe is from the lovely Shauna Niequist, one of my favorite authors and someone who genuinely inspires me! I had the chance to meet & hear Shauna in person at the Influence Conference a few years back. I started at square one by reading Cold Tangerines, her first book, and I've never looked back! This recipe is found in her latest release- Savor. It's a 365 devotional that I love.
Anyway, check out Shauna if you haven't already. And also, make this recipe. Your tummy 'and' your friends/family will thank you.
I like to shred a whole rotisserie chicken and use that instead of chicken breasts. I mean, either way it's good, but a rotisserie is easy 'and' so savory.
Whisk together your sauce ingredients
Add your chicken & noodles to the sauce & combine well! Serve immediately.
Garnish with cilantro, scallions, & peanuts. Also- more sriracha. Always more sriracha. ;)
Spicy Peanut Noodles
- 1 lb. spaghetti, cooked
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup crushed peanuts
- 3 tablespoons black sesame seeds (I had to use white ones)
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro for garnish
- Combine peanut butter, sriracha, lime juice, soy, and brown sugar. Stir in hot water to thin sauce.
- Toss the sauce with the cooked spaghetti (and chicken). Top with peanuts, sesame seeds, cilantro, and scallions. Serve immediately while it's still warm! I like to keep it warm in crock pot too. It travels well to parties.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I'll see you back here next week. I'm releasing the pictures of our small kitchen makeover (on a budget) next week and I'm excited for that! I just love how it turned out. Chat soon!